WE ARE GROWING! We are one of the hottest #insurtech start-ups. We are based in Greenwich, CT and we are looking for people who share our drive to achieve excellence in everything we do.
In this role you will be responsible for querying and visualizing the data for reporting, research, and product development
In this role you will:
- Perform data analysis by means of data interpretation, and execution of advanced database queries using Tableau, MySQL, Amazon Redshift, Excel, R, Python and other database technologies or programming languages as appropriate. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends, patterns or insights in result sets.
- Work independently, or in teams on complex level data gathering, checking, manipulation, analysis, reporting and data quality assurance tasks with minimal supervision.
- Develop analytical model for reporting and business development activities using conventional or visualization tools.
- Define and develop platform data quality checks or assessment for purposes of enhancing the RiskMatch service in support new prospects or existing clients.
- Develop and document rules, integrity and consistency checks.
- Troubleshoot and recommend solution to technical problems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional/Hands-on experience with SQL, EXCEL, and interactive data visualization tool like Tableau. If you have not written and executed complex SQL queries, please do not apply.
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of relational structures, and reporting techniques and practices.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work with external clients as required.
- Nice to have: knowledge of statistical concepts and, ideally, supervised learning machine-learning algorithms.
- Nice to have: Property & Casualty Insurance experience.
This position is based in Greenwich, CT. Local candidates only please.
How to Apply
This is an absolutely unique opportunity to play a critical role in changing a very complex industry. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around a commitment to continuous innovation and the drive to exceed demanding expectations every day. If interested, send your resume to email@example.com?subject=Data Analyst/Reporting Analyst