RiskMatch is looking for a Web Ops – Reliability Engineer – you may also know this role as Dev Ops, Web Ops, Systems Ops, and so on. In this role, you’ll be constantly improving maintainability and reliability of our cloud-deployed production environment. Plus, you’ll take on real-time responsibilities, such as monitoring, incident management, and recovery.
- Responsible for monitoring the health of our systems.
- Work with NetOps team to build tools to monitor and automate processes.
- Be a core contributor in our change management and the post mortem processes.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack – OS, DB, applications, and network.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Write systems reliability plan and report progress on attaining reliability targets to team and senior management.
- Educate and mentor team/company on operational best practices.
- Absolutely required: collaborative, team player.
- Hands-on troubleshooting skills with java/groovy in a real production application – you have to know how to create a thread dump from production linux server and then how to analyze it locally with the latest sources in IntelliJ.
- Networking experience, analyzing packet dumps, multicast routing on hosts, packet filtering.
- OS/kernel experience such as familiarity with OS tunables, log analysis.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Some hands-on experience with SQL is a plus.
How to Apply
This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in changing a very complex industry. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around a commitment to continuous innovation and the drive to exceed demanding expectations every day. If interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Web Ops – Reliability Engineer
We are an analytics firm that delivers a suite of web-based solutions for insurance brokers and underwriters throughout the U.S. Our patented platform delivers an array of portfolio management, analytic and data management services designed to enable brokers and underwriters to enhance performance, reduce costs, facilitate growth, and improve their client service capabilities.